Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Worms & Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread


It rained yesterday, so there were lots of worms outside this morning. Parker came in the house with three worms in his hands and said he needed a big cup to put them in so they wouldn't get away.

A couple minutes later I saw him on the front porch by the pumpkins and asked him what he was doing.

His reply, "Just showing the worms my pumpkins." And so he did, show the worms each of his pumpkins.


We also made some Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread, but I decided to bake them in muffin cups. Parker helped stir and encouraged me the whole time saying, "You are a good baker mommy....a really big good baker."


If you know Parker, anything that is "really big" doesn't necessarily refer to its size, but rather how much he likes it. Regardless, I am a little paranoid that he was referring to my size. The baby has been so active the past couple days. I went to the doctor yesterday and she kept having to move the doppler around chasing him to get his heart beat. He was having a real party in there! Last night about 10:30 I finally got out of bed and ate some cereal and he finally calmed down...yes, it is scary that already it is food that comforts him and calms him down. I have been telling Sean that I am going to have to start buying food at Sam's Club and will have to start investing in some "really big" (and I am not using the term the way Parker uses it) pans to cook in.

And I couldn't resist this photo...Parker found Sean's headlamp in the garage and asked me to help him put it on. So I did and he walked over to the oven and sat there watching the pumpkin bread bake. He is so resourceful!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

That chocolate chip pumpkin bread looks really big and good!:) What a cute little boy you have. Your days sound like they are filled with so much joy and fun little comments from little Parker. He is adorable, and so thoughtful to show the worms his pumpkins!

Evan and I shop at Sam's Club and it's just the two of us. Maybe we need to switch and you take our membership and go and we stop. We are trying to figure out if we are saving money or not. Haven't sat down to figure that out yet.

Love to you and your family (including that precious little guy in your belly).

Nicole