Tuesday, October 14, 2008

New Footie Pajamas!

Last night we went out to eat for my birthday in Grand Island and then went to Sam's Club. Parker loves strawberries and they had some good ones...he also found some pajamas with footballs, soccer balls, and basketballs on them...now these are the kind with the feet sewn in them and I hadn't bought him any like them because I thought he would hate them. Of course he wanted to wear them to bed and since it was 10:30 p.m. I was in no mood to fight with him, so I took the tags off and put them on him.

About 2 a.m. I hear him crying...this is not usual for him to wake up at night, so I went into his room and found him naked in his bed! Yeah, he must have been playing with the zipper and not been able to zip them back up and decided to just sleep naked! And he felt cold, so I know that he had been naked for awhile. And at 2 a.m. I am not thinking that clearly and I start to wonder if I had forgotten to put his pajamas on...I looked all over his bed to see if they were in there and they weren't on the floor, come to find out this morning that he'd thrown them behind his bed...Luckily, I had some clean laundry sitting in a pile in his room and found him some new pajamas and we were all back to sleep in no time!

I am not sure we will be wearing those pajamas again, especially since the temperature in our house today is hovering around 63 degrees. I called Sean a little bit ago to see if I should turn the furnace on, his reply, "If you are cold you could just go walk on the treadmill for a little bit." I guess he wasn't getting the point that I wouldn't be turning it on for me, but for Parker to keep warm during his nap.

"Show me your ways, O LORD,teach me your paths; guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior, and my hope is in you all day long." Psalm 25:4-5

What are you hoping in today? Yourself. Your Husband. Your Finances. Your Home. Your Kids. If so, this is all fleeting hope that can change in an instant...may your hope be in Him today...after all He is the only hope that will last! Blessings and Love.

No comments: