Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Boys do wear make-up!


I was getting ready this morning and this is our conversation....

Parker: Mommy, I neeeeeeed to put on make-up too!
Me: No, Parker, boys don't wear make-up.
Parker: Yes they do!
Me: Does daddy wear make-up?
Parker: Yes.....sometimes.....
Me: He does not.
Parker: Fine, I will just do this...(grabs a bag of fingernail polish and dumps it out, finds a fingernail file and starts filing his nails...and I am in a hurry so I don't address the fact that boys don't do their nails, and hey, some guys probably do file their fingernails.)
Me: Parker, lets go.....I am ready....(I grab my purse and open the door)
Parker: (Looking at me with a frantic look on his face) I guess I will just wear my duck calls like a purse today! (and he flings the lanyard of duck calls over his arm and we are off!)

We then arrive at my sister's house, which is full of girl toys.....he starts playing with Hannah's doll house and I begin to thank God we are having a boy so Parker will have someone to beat up on and wrestle with! On the way home after lunch, I called Sean and told him Parker needed some major male-bonding time with him tonight :)! And I continue to pray that Parker will grow up to be a man in spite of me and the many women in his life!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Will pray with you that he continues to grow up as a man! He sure does have a LOT of women in his life. Get that baby out quick!:)

Love ya! Looking forward to seeing you soon!

Nicole