Monday, October 13, 2008

26 Weeks

So I decided to post a new belly pic for those of you who so enjoyed the last one :)! I can hardly believe how fast it is going and how big this boy is growing! It has been a little scary for me to really think about having 3 boys in the house and being the only girl....but my biggest fear is this...FOOD! Yes, food. For those of you who know Sean, you know he has a huge appetite. And since the day Parker was born he has been an eater. And now this baby, whenever I eat something he starts moving all over, kicking like crazy! The other night I made a big 9x13 pan casserole and the three of us ate the whole thing...and I was still hungry! Please pray for God to give me a love for cooking LARGE meals!
Parker wakes up in the morning with one thing on his mind...farming. He wants to know if it is too wet to pick and if daddy is in the tractor or at his office. He goes in the field next to our house and picks corn and then spends hours on end shelling each and every piece into a bowl. And no matter what, at the end of the day you can check his pockets and you will find soybeans!

It is a sad day for me. I am drinking my last cup of spiced tea and this is the second batch I have made this year! BUT supper is in the crockpot and for a woman with hungry boys in the house this is a HUGE sigh of relief. It is cold outside today and I love it since my internal furnace set to about 105 degrees everyday! Sorry this post is so random and all over the place, but that is how my mind is right now...so I guess now you know what it feels like in my brain today!

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe." Proverbs 18:10

May the name of the Lord be your strong tower today!

Oh....Abby I haven't forgotten, here is the recipe for the chocolate chip pumpkin bread muffins...

1 3/4 cup (1 15 oz. can) pureed pumpkin
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, softened
3 eggs
3-4 cups all-purpose unbleached flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 cups chopped walnuts or chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 350. Combine the pumpkin, brown sugar, butter, and eggs and mix until creamy. In a separate bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients except the nuts or chocolate chips. Mix 3 cups of the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, then add as much of the 4th cup as necessary to achieve the proper consistency (moist, but thick enough to stand a spoon in). Add the nuts or chocolate chips and stir in.

Pour or spoon the batter into muffin tins or greased bread pans. Bake on the center rack until a toothpick poked into the center comes out dry. Muffins should take between 20 and 25 minutes to bake, small loaves between 25 and 30 minutes, and full sized loaves between 50 minutes and 1 hour.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

You look so cute!!! Glad you posted the recipe of the muffins. I need some good baking ideas for this fall!

Love to you,
Nicole

Jen Stutzman said...

I love the updated picture. I really love seeing you pregnant. There is nothing more beautiful to me then a pregnant mama that loves the Lord. Thanks for the recipe, Marya and I will have to make them.

Abby McNair said...

looking forward to making these yummy muffins - love seeing you prego - it seriously makes me want another baboon :") cna you believe that.... Parker is so cute. I wish we could see you more often
loves
ab