Thursday, October 30, 2008

Showers and Pumpkins


The other night Parker came up from the basement after showering with daddy and had a towel wrapped around his waist. He was pretty proud. He told me that the shower downstairs is like a waterpark!!! Thank goodness he enjoys the showers since I have a hard time bathing him with a huge belly. (That is in reference to my belly being big, not Parker's)



We carved our BIG pumpkin last night. This is the pumpkin that Parker grew in the field with grandpa. He was pretty excited, but was not interested in helping clean out all the yucky seeds.....I pretty much did the whole carving myself since Sean claims he has NEVER carved a pumpkin because it is so evil. Yes, I agree Halloween is, at its roots an evil holiday, but carving a pumkin in and of itself does not seem evil to me. Then after we lit the candle inside the pumpkin Sean went on and on about how it was the scariest thing he had ever seen....I am glad to report that he (Sean) didn't have any nightmares over the whole ordeal though! Ha! After all, if you look at any holiday we celebrate in America there are pagan roots.....Hopefully Sean decides that Christmas trees are evil so I don't have to put one up and then put it away when I am 9 months pregnant :)!

Sunny and 66 degrees outside today....we will for sure be spending the rest of the afternoon outside!!!

1 comment:

Vontz's said...

Darn it...I was anticipating "your" pumpkin!!