Monday, November 10, 2008

The call to prayer...

I think we all know how important it is to pray for and pray with our children, but when the house is a mess and there are no clean clothes to wear it is easy to be so distracted during the day....at least it is for me. I was recently challenged by Angie Smith's blog about praying for your children. (wife of Todd Smith of the Christian group Selah) Anyway, I placed the link on my sidebar that is the picture of the little girl praying and it says 7x7. Her challenge is for mom's to commit to pray 7 times a day 7 days a week and she gives specific prayers and scriptures to pray at specific times of day. I thought it looked like a great challenge because of many things.....

1. All of the prayers are scripture and there is nothing more important to pray than TRUTH!
2. Each scripture prayer correlates with things you are already doing throughout the day.
3. It is often during these times (getting kids dressed, bath time, meal time, etc.) that are sometimes the most stressful times of day for me and this would be great for me to take a moment and pray when I am at my wits end :)! I mean, it is hard to pray and speak the truth, unless my heart is right before God.
4. Repetition is a great way to memorize scripture, and Parker is like a sponge right now, so how great for him and I to be prayerfully learning 7 scriptures together.

I will let you know how I am doing on this challenge and I pray you would consider joining me. You can find her full entry about this prayer challenge by clicking on the button on the left side of the page. And her blog is really encouraging as well.....her story about losing a daughter to Trisomy 18 is very inspiring and she is full of wisdom!

Pray you are all enjoying the "wintry mix" outside today.

1 comment:

Jen Stutzman said...

Thank you so much for calling me to prayer. The word and prayer should be the joy of our day even if everything else falls apart. Thank you