Thursday, November 13, 2008

Another week gone by...

I can hardly believe that tomorrow is Friday! It is strange to me how the days can seem so long at times, but the weeks seem to fly by? Time is weird if you really think about it. Everyday, except yesterday, has been cloudy and rainy and I cannot complain. I am enjoying it.

Parker's combine was "broke down" so he went downstairs and got his "welding tools" to fix it......Yeah, that is what he told me.


So Monday I wrote about praying for Parker 7 times a day, everyday....I am here to report I have done pretty well and some of the scriptures have become so alive to me! I love Philippians 2:14-16 and I find myself using that scripture constantly throughout the day with Parker.

"Do everything without complaining or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe as you hold out the word of life—in order that you may boast on the day of Christ that you did not run or labor for nothing." Philippians 2:14-16

We were at Kmart today and I think I mentioned that verse about 20 times as we walked around the store and he started arguing with me or complaining about something. In the check-out line he kept trying to say "arguing" and it was so funny....until he started screaming about wanting a sucker.....and then refused to hand the coupon he was holding to the cashier....now, Parker is usually pretty reasonable, but today was an exception. He screamed and threw the biggest fit I have ever experienced with him and I was soooooo embarrassed! Discipline ensued when we got home and I felt like he understood that he could not act like that.....HA! Since then he has had about 5 fits and I feel like we have done nothing BUT argue today! He went down for his nap without reading stories (BIG deal to him) and I am hoping he wakes up in a better mood.

After asking God, "Why, after praying for Parker all week, and using scripture to reiterate these truths throughout the day, do I feel more discouraged and Parker is more disobedient than ever?!?!?!?!"

His answer.....the enemy hates prayer....the enemy hates truth (scripture)....the enemy hates when we are victorious in our commitment to God....

So my encouragement today to any of you who are joining me in this prayer challenge. PRESS ON! Continue to pray for and with your kids, speak truth (scripture) boldly and with confidence all day long.... When I was talking to my sister this afternoon about how discouraged I was with Parker, she said this...."You won't see fruit right away, and you may not for a few years, but continue to do what you are doing...if you don't do it now how will you handle him when he is 10 or 15..." So true.

"The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the full." John 10:10

"No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it." Hebrews 12:11

Lord, may these scriptures encourage us to press on....that we would cling to you when we feel like giving up...give us patience and perseverance to wait for the harvest of righteousness in our children....you are a faithful God.

No comments: