Tuesday, November 18, 2008

BINGO!

One of Parker's new favorite games is Sesame Street Bingo. It is pretty funny when a 2 year-old walks up to you several times a day and says, "Hey, do you wanna play bingo with me?" Today after I got out of the shower he came running into the bathroom and yelled, "He is really scary and he won't quit bothering me!" And I asked him who he was talking about and he told me it was the Count.....So I was relieved that there wasn't some strange man who snuck in our house during my shower.....needless to say, I hid the Count Bingo card.....

When I was getting Parker dressed this morning we were going over Colossians 3:12-14 "Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity." And after I said the verse I asked Parker, "So what else does God want us to put on every day besides clothes." His response, "God probably just says, 'put your clothes on and get to church.'" Ha! I did laugh out loud and then explain the verse again.

I am now 31 weeks pregnant! So here is an updated picture to show you all that this boy is growing big.....fast....and I cannot wait to meet him in a few weeks! We have narrowed down the name list, but are still undecided on what his name should be. I am thinking we might wait to officially decide on his name until we meet him....as long as we have some options to decide from...right?!?!?! In the past few days I have heard from one person, "Oh, you don't look very big for being due in January." And, "Omigosh, you aren't due until January?" So what do you think? Do I look big or small for 31 weeks.....I would love to hear from you :)!

Have a great day and in Parker's words, "Just put your clothes on and get to church!"

4 comments:

Jen Stutzman said...

Here is the deal Jess, you don't know what it means to be huge. You are just really, really cute!!! I am still hoping you pick the name Davis, I think Parker and Davis go so well together. Davis Ablott. That would sound good over the loud speakers at a basketball game. It was so fun to see you at the wedding even if just passing by.

Vontz's said...

You are by far the SMALLEST person I have ever seen...that is everything but your belly. Good thing it isn't...we want that little guy to be big and strong just like his brother. Love ya...and yes I had to laugh too about your smarty pants!!

Nicole said...

You are so incredibly cute. Yes your belly is big but that is all. So glad it is big for your baby's strength and wellbeing.

So glad to get to see your beautiful self at the wedding if even for just a second. I didn't want to stop and chat as I didn't want to pass along this junk I have, especially to those of you that are pregnant. I really couldn't avoid being around Katie but those that I could I tried my best. Love ya Jess! Have fun playing Bingo tomorrow. Without Count of course :).

Monica said...

You look amazing - and I think you look just right. I am remembering how big I was a year ago at this time!! Most people were speechless and would just walk by with their mouths wide open. It's hard to wait these last few weeks - wondering what they will look like and desiring to hold them in your arms. I am sooo excited and can't wait to see the new little Ablott man!! Miss you!

On a side note - I got to listen to Mike Yankoski again at the first annual City Gospel Mission banquet here in Cinci. Paul was pleased with the outcome, but as I'm sure you can hear him say, "We can improve next year!"