Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Big Day!


Big day at our house today......I took a shower and got ready this morning! oh, and election day and my glucose tolerance test (so pretty much the only reason I showered and got ready is because I had to go vote and go to the doctor) As you can see by this picture, Parker had he run of the house this morning while I was in the shower, and though I am happy to report he had no accidents in his underwear (and hasn't for the past couple days!!!!!) he went ahead and helped himself to whatever he wanted. I asked him what he was doing and he said, "I am just playing cards with my monies!!!!"

Parker also slept in his new room downstairs last night and did surprisingly well. He got up at midnight and said he didn't want to sleep in his new room anymore, but after Sean laid down with him for a little bit he went right back to sleep until 7:15 this morning! I think him sleeping in the basement was harder on me than him last night, but we all have some adjusting to do before we welcome baby #2 in just 10 weeks!!!!! I put him down for his nap in his new room, and I just checked and he is sound asleep! I am praying that each night just gets easier....on me that is :)!

Since I have my glucose test today I have been trying not to eat any candy, which is a huge challenge for someone who eats about 15 tootsie rolls an hour....hey, what can I say? it is left over halloween candy and I am not going to let it go to waste ;)! And I am hoping it doesn't backfire on me....watch my blood sugar be super low when I get it tested today since my body is used to so much sugar! Anyway.....this is just rambling so I will quit.

If you haven't voted yet today I encourage you to get out and vote.....and if you don't have a glucose tolerance test I encourage you to eat the rest of your leftover halloween candy.....

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails." Proverbs 19:21

Thank you Lord that your sovereign will cannot be thwarted by the plans of men. We pray for your will to be done today in the election, and trust in you (not our government) to be our only hope for a better life, a better country, and for eternity. You alone are worthy of our praise!

2 comments:

Erin K said...

1-800-BETSOFF

Monica said...

How did the test go? Those are always so much fun. I will pray that you find every day easier with Parker downstairs. Sounds like he's doing wonderful - with underwear, too!! Really love your words - they add a smile to my day!