Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Ginger Cookies & Spiced Tea


In my "Changing Seasons" post I mentioned two of my favorite fall treats. I wanted to share the recipes so you can enjoy them too if you would like...


Ginger Cookies
2 1/4 Cup Flour
2 Teaspoons of Ground Ginger
1 Teaspoon of Baking Soda
3/4 Teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
1/2 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
3/4 Cup Butter
1 Cup Sugar
1 Egg
1/4 Cup Molasses

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine flour, ginger, baking soda, cinnamon, and cloves. Stir together and set aside. Beat butter until creamy. Beat the butter and egg together and then add the molasses. Stir in the dry ingredients. Roll into balls, roll in sugar and place on pan. Bake for about 10 minutes. Enjoy!

Spiced Tea
3 Cups of Water
3 Cups of Sugar
1 Can of frozen Orange Juice
1 Small can of frozen Lemonade
1 Quart Bottle of Cranberry Juice
3 drops of Cinnamon Oil
3 drops of Clove Oil

Combine all ingredients in a large stock pot and bring to a boil. Boil for about 5 minutes. (Be careful not to boil it over :) not that I have ever done that before, but I assume it would be a HUGE mess to clean up.) Cool and store in a bottle in the refrigerator. Make a cup of tea as usual and add 2 Tablespoons of Spiced Tea Mix to your tea and enjoy!

What are you favorite fall recipes? I am looking for some good casserole recipes to fill up hungry boys....any ideas????? Just think if we all shared a new recipe we could have menus planned for weeks :)!

"We wait in hope for the Lord; he is our help and our shield. In him our hearts rejoice, for we trust in his holy name. May your unfailing love rest upon us, O Lord, even as we put our hope in you." Psalm 33:20-22

May your hope be in the Lord today...that His unfailing love would rest heavy on you today....so heavy that it drives you to your knees in prayer and praise....for He alone is worthy! Love to you all.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Do you care if I add you to my blog list so that I can see when you post?

Love ya deary!

Abby McNair said...

hey jess... I don't have many casserole recipes, but have LOTS of soup recipes.... let me know if you want any.
love the blog and am planning on making the tea and cookies

loves
ab