Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Baby Names



With Parker we didn't have to try and think of names because we had decided on his name way before I was even pregnant. And his middle name wasn't hard either, with both of his grandpa's and Sean having the first name of Douglas it was a no brainer. However, with this new baby boy, I have no ideas...so I try and think of names I might like and when I pray for the baby and talk to him I try to use those names and by the end of the day nothing sticks.

So I ask Parker, "What do you think we should name your baby brother?" Deep in thought, Parker waits for a minute and says, "Well, probably something like giraffe."

Apparently his favorite animal at the zoo must have been the giraffe...and he thinks it would be fun to have a giraffe for a brother...and it is unique, I have never heard of anyone with that name before....

So what do you think? What boy names do you like? I could use some suggestions here, because I am sure that giraffe won't stick either :)!

3 comments:

Abby McNair said...

Here's my list of boy names I like, sorta like, and love.... i obviously have not had the chance to use any of them so I will share:)

Samuel - would never name my kid this, but love the name, the meaning and just love it. It makes me mad that there are girls named Sam (no offense to all the girl Sam's in the world.)

Brendan - don't like Brandon, but do like Brendan :)

Davis - just think it's cute

send more later... I figure you'll either laugh and make fun of my name choices:) and have some entertainment for the day, or it'll spark an idea

love you friend
praying for your baby boy

Jen Stutzman said...

How fun to have a brother for Parker!!! I just cannot get enough of little boys. I like Abby's name Davis. That seems to fit your family. Davis James Ablott!!
Thank you for your encouragement, it means so much. I love the way you write. You are very gifted.
love you
Jen

Vontz's said...

Hey...I am right there with you!! I have no idea, altho I have a middle name and it is what Jen metioned!!! Names seem so hard since so many people are having kids. I can't give you any help until I find out...4 weeks. Love you...and I too agree you are a VERY talented writer.