Monday, September 15, 2008

22 Weeks


So Jen requested I post a picture of my growing belly, and I am not one to disappoint! However, I am having a hard time wanting to do this....with Parker I only have 1 picture of me when I was pregnant. I don't really enjoy being pregnant, at all, and I guess at the time I think, "Why would I want to remember looking like this?" and, "How could I ever forget looking like this?"

But, eventually you do forget. You forget and in a strange way you want to remember....not like 9 months long of remembering, but just for a second, you want to remember what it was like to be pregnant. So I posted the picture, mostly for Jen because she asked, but also for ann, erin, jed, jill, eric, and those of you who will get a smile on your face when you see the picture because I am fat and you are not :)!

And even though pregnancy is not fun, and it makes your body look different than you could ever imagine it looking, children are a miraculous gift from God! It is so worth it....and it is worth remembering.

Lord, may you receive the glory due to you for this amazing gift of life!

"Sons are a heritage from the LORD, children a reward from him. Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are sons born in one's youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full** of them." Psalm 127:3-5

**I did a little study on the word "full" in this scripture and the Hebrew word for "full" actually translates into the English word "two"....if you don't believe me you can check for yourself.....so I guess this means my quiver is full......at least that is what my bible says, I am not sure what yours does :)! (that is supposed to be a joke....get it?)

8 comments:

Nicole said...

You look adorable! I'm sure pregnancy does change your body in ways you would never have imagined. I guess I'll know this someday too. You truly look adorable!

Love,
Nicole

Nicole said...

And yes, I do get your joke. I didn't look it up...I'll just trust you. You are right...your quiver is full then.:)

Erin K said...

Thanks for the fat picture...I feel so much better about myself now...hahahaha :) I miss you...come to Omaha and visit. I'm loving the blog. I enjoy your insight and love the Parker pictures! Love you, Erin

Jen Stutzman said...

You are the best thank you so much for putting that picture up you are beautiful!!!!!!!! Pregnancy is not my favorite either but man does God teach me so much through it. Love you
Jen

Abby McNair said...

ummm.. that's what I look like now:)

Jen Stutzman said...

Abby, you are one hot mama shut your mouth. I just saw you a couple of months ago and you looked great!!!! Although I must say Jess does not know what fat is!!!

Vontz's said...

Glad you posted these...I have forgotten what you look like!! You would never know we lived in the SAME town. Love ya

Michelle Wells said...

Jess you and your family are beautiful! Congrats on the soon to-be-coming baby!