Friday, January 16, 2009

I SURRENDER!!!

So after asking God to help me to choose surrender, He faithfully did.....in the way of the seemingly deadly virus called "24-Hour-Stomach Flu-While 39-Weeks-Pregnant". Tuesday night at 2 a.m. I woke up thinking I felt sick and not 2 minutes later I heard Parker on the monitor saying, "Mommy, I puked in my bed." I went downstairs and cleaned him up, stripped his bed, brought him upstairs to lay in bed with Sean and we both proceeded to throw-up VIOLENTLY for the next 24 hours. I had no choice but to surrender and spent all day Wednesday and Thursday unable to move off of the couch and thanking God that I had not had the baby yet...

Isn't it good to know that even when it seems God is allowing pain and suffering in our lives He is usually protecting us and guarding us from something so much worse......(i.e. having a baby and THEN getting the stomach flu and having your day old baby sick and your 2-year-old sick). Thank you Lord for your faithfulness!!!

I had a doctor's appointment this morning and the nurse weighed me and got this weird look on her face and said, "When was the last time you were weighed?" My reply, "On Monday." She says, "Why have you lost 5 pounds in 4 days?".............Yeah, it was that bad.....Poor Parker was so good though.....he kept saying, "Mommy, I sure don't like to throw up." I am just thankful we are getting better and now I can disinfect the house before the baby comes.....which should be any day now!

Since this blog serves as the only type of "scrapbook" that I have, I did want to post 1 last picture of my belly....Hope your week was better than mine.....and I hope my next post has much cuter (more handsome :)!) pictures.

And for a little fun today....leave a comment to guess birthdate, time, weight and length of our new baby boy!

4 comments:

Abby McNair said...

hot baby mama!!!!!!!

Sunday 7:30am
8 lbs 7 ounces
20 inches

I can't wait to see your new little man! Praying for peace in your heart and for all to go well! love you friend!

abster

Jen Stutzman said...

Jess, I am so sorry you all were sick. We had the stomach virus twice this year and it is hard. I am so glad you are feeling better.
Monday 10 am
8 lbs 10 ounces
21 inches
So excited for you. May your mind be disciplined to think on the things of Christ as you prepare for this baby. I wish I was there to make you a meal.

Nicole said...

Ah, so sorry you were sick.:( No fun without being pregnant, can't imagine it with...

Sunday 5:30 pm
7 lbs 2 ounces
21 inches

Can't wait to see that little man!

Love you,
Nicole

Jen Stutzman said...

I was just checking but I think that I won!!!! Praying for you as you transition with you new baby boy Owen.