Sunday, January 25, 2009

1 Week Old


I can hardly believe that Owen is a week old! Parker has been having a hard time getting used to the fact that Owen is going to be around for good, but he is making strides toward liking him. This morning he was holding him and said, "Daddy, I am getting used to Owen......it is just hard waiting for him to grow up."

Then later this afternoon Parker wanted to hold Owen by himself.....so I sat them in the chair and Owen just looked at Parker and listened so intently as Parker talked to him.



We are all still getting used to having Owen around, including me. I feel like I forgot so much about when Parker was a newborn and now I am realizing it is because it truly does go so fast. And that is what gets me through the sleepless nights, realizing that this newborn stage won't last forever and it is such a precious time and I want to cherish every moment while it while it does last.

2 comments:

Abby McNair said...

Hi Jess. It does go by fast. so fast. I am not ignoring you. I just have been so stinkin busy. Phone time is scarce right now. I will call you tomorrow sometime. promise. Can't wait to meet little owen and see my favorite momma!

love you. give parker a hug. he will be a great big brother.

Monica said...

Jess - he is absolutely gorgeous!! I can also relate to how FAST time goes. I pray that you enjoy every little precious moment. Love - Monica