Friday, April 17, 2009

Oh, Parker....

I was up feeding Owen this morning and after a terribly long and frustrating day yesterday, I decided to get my heart right first thing this morning. I was praying that God would give me strength to be consistent with discipline for Parker....praying that God would help me be slow to anger....and enjoying the quiet stillness before the storm (a.k.a. Parker waking up).

And all too soon, there he came.... bounding up the stairs with a feisty grin, ready to go....

Parker: Good morning mommy...
Me: Good morning Parker.....how did you sleep?
Parker: Good...I am ready for my breakfast now.
Me: I need to finish feeding Owen and then I will get your breakfast.
Parker: Noooooooo....I am hungry and I want my breakfast RIGHT NOW!!!! I need to eat first!
Me: Parker...if I were you I would stop whining and complaining because I am not giving any warnings today.....
Parker: Mommy, and if I were you I would be feeding Owen right now.

I was speechless. Yeah. Not sure if he was stating a fact, trying to be funny, or what, but I was speechless.....

Today has been a better day.....not a good day, but better....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jess,
I just LOVE reading the conversations between you and Parker. They are truly hysterical...can't wait til my little man starts conversing :)