Friday, July 10, 2009

Swimming Lessons

This is the first day. Soooooo excited to go to swimming lessons!


Sitting on the edge and listening the teacher....


The next day at lessons, Rebekah decided to cry and Parker also had a hard time getting into the water....The third day Parker threw a fit when we got there and Rebekah refused to do anything.....She ended up not coming back, and Parker decided it wasn't so bad and finished the week out. He did get more brave everyday! I was so proud of him....

Here he is in his life jacket today before he jumped into the deep water! 
He was so proud of himself!

And the last 5 minutes of lessons they get to play on the slides.


When I asked Parker what his favorite part of swimming lessons was he says, "Oh, just the talking part." Oh, my....yes, he does have a lot to say and even if he doesn't know the answer to the question, he makes one up so he can talk.

Next week we will not be able to go to lessons because we are going on vacation to the Lake of the Ozarks.....I am disappointed he will miss lessons, but soooooo excited to get out of town with Sean and the boys for a whole week!!!! I'm off to do some major packing and praying.....8 hours in the car is going to require lots of patience :)! I will update you when we get home from our trip!

3 comments:

Nicole said...

What sweet pictures you have there. I love that Parker liked the talking the best. :) Hope your vacation is enjoyable and restful! We need to get together when we are back in Hastings again. I would love to see you and your fam!

Jen Stutzman said...

Jess have a great trip!! You will be half way to us. Jess I keep forgetting to tell you how proud I am of you for doing the triathlon. Of all years I had to miss it. Love you!

Monica said...

Have a great trip! It really is beautiful there. I will pray for a safe and happy drive! We have done a few of those!!