Wednesday, March 4, 2009

March Madness

So Parker asked to play with the calendar at my mom's house the other day and this is how it looked when he was done. We all laughed and then agreed that this is what life feels like sometimes....so we left the calendar looking like this. Yes, we are squeezing a few more months into March and leaving out a few days...but anymore, who really knows what day or month it is and who really cares???

I do remember a time in my life when it did matter what day it was....when I had a planner and had to write down meetings and obligations....when I looked forward to the weekend so I didn't have to dress up...or when I dreaded Sunday nights because that meant a whole week of classes and studying ahead of me.....anymore each day seems the same. We may play different games and eat at different times, but the schedule remains the same...no schedule at all. It is nice most days, and I love staying home with the boys, but sometimes I long for a life that was a little more orderly and little less random. Someday, someday, maybe someday....

We had some visitors this weekend....Uncle Eric came home from Chicago to meet Owen for the first time and Aunt Jill came home too. We had tons of fun with them and Parker is still talking about it....he loves having company, especially his aunts and uncles.



Owen is 6 weeks old and weighing in at a whopping 13 lbs. 3 oz.....I am slowly noticing my right bicep bulging out of my t-shirts and no, I haven't been working out. He is smiling more and more each day and it amazes me how quickly they develop a personality. He is so sweet and serious...and Parker is, well, so feisty and a total clown! Owen has been sleeping 6 hour stretches at night and if I would go to bed at a decent hour I may feel rested. Someday, someday, maybe someday...





Gotta run....Parker has been yelling "mommy!!!" for like 5 minutes and I just finally responded and he said, "Mommy, here is God...I found Him!" Sounds like something I should probably go see....

1 comment:

Monica said...

You'll have to fill me in on where Parker found God...I know He's around but wouldn't it be great to actually see His presence in the chaos sometimes! I guess there really is something to that "faith like a child." Glad you are all well.