Wednesday, March 11, 2009

A little bit of everything....

The last 3 nights Owen has slept 8 hours straight. WOW! Yes, I am thrilled and it is a good thing I am getting more sleep at night because Parker seems to be on the verge of giving up his afternoon nap thanks to the time change. Today is the first day in 5 days that he is taking a nap and it was no easy task getting him down today! I am fine with him not napping, just not fine with the monster he becomes at 6 p.m.

I got out of the house yesterday with no children for 2.5 hours! I left a bottle with Sean's mom in case Owen started to starve (ha!) and he actually ate 3 oz. of the bottle! Parker never took a bottle, so I am super excited that Owen will.....

Monday morning my friend Christy brought her new baby Aubrey over to meet Owen. As she said on her blog, it was "love at first sight!" We know they will thank us someday for their arranged marriage :)! HA!




It has been freezing, so Parker has been inside all week and getting a little crazy. I knew it was going to be a long day when he came into my room with a magnet in his hand and says, "Good morning mommy, I am just going to scrape you with this for a little bit."

I started reading the book "Developing your Secret Closet of Prayer" by Richard Burr. I signed up for a bible study on this book a year ago and ended up not being able to do it. I bought the book anyway with every intention of doing the study on my own and am just now getting around to it. I have only read the introduction, but I have a feeling it is going to be really good for me to read.

In the introduction Burr writes, "Could it be that what God has to say to you is much more important than what you have to say to Him?" Wow! That was so convicting to me. How much prayer time do I spend listening to God? NONE. My prayer time is usually rushed because I have so many more "important" things to do, and the time I do spend praying I spend thanking God and asking Him for more.....more peace, more patience, more time, more wisdom, more, more, more. Could it be that I would have all of those things and more if I would shut my mouth for a few minutes and listen to Him? I pray that this thought challenges you in your prayer life today as well....

"The central issue is solitude with God. Why is this so critical? Because there are some things God only shares in secret, and there are some secrets that are only heard in solitude with Him. When God spoke to Abraham, Moses, Samuel and scores of other Old Testament saints, it was not in a public setting. It was invariably in solitude with Jehovah."
(Richard Burr, "Developing your Secret Closet of Prayer" pg. 7)

Lord, help us to be still before You today so that we may hear You.

1 comment:

Vontz's said...

Your pictures turned out way better...they look so happy together. Hey I bought that book too, maybe I could find it...sounds like a good one. Love ya.