Monday, February 16, 2009

Random...

1. On Saturday Parker got to go sledding behind the 4-wheeler for the first time. He LOVED it!


2. Parker and Sean smoked a turkey for dinner Saturday night and it was soooooo good. They have been doing a lot of "smoking" together the past couple weekends.....We've had ribs, pork tenderloin and now turkey.....so it is no wonder that Parker asked Sean the other night, "Daddy, where are the cigarettes?" Sean starts laughing and then proceeds to question Parker about why he would ask that question........I guess Parker somehow related "smoking turkey" to "smoking cigarettes"....so we laughed all weekend over that one! And just to be clear, they didn't smoke any cigarettes.....(even if the picture of Parker in his sunglasses below does look a little suspect. Ha!)



3. Parker always wants to hold Owen in the rocking chair and every time he does he says to me, "Oh, mommy, you have got to get a picture of this." Ha! I wonder where he has heard that? So I humored him and took a picture, and sure enough, every picture that Parker is looking at the camera didn't turn out! Why is it that kids can look so cute and the second you go to take the picture they make the most ridiculous face?



4. Owen is 1-month old and I CANNOT believe it! Seriously.....where did the last month go??!?! Last week I took him to get weighed at breastfeeding support group and he was 10 lb. 13 oz. I call him my little piggie....He is already changing so much and it makes me sad to think he will be as big as Parker before I know it! Here are some pictures of him from Saturday night....gotta love the double chin :)!




So here's to another week of doing puzzles and feeding Owen....and maybe we'll be able to squeeze in a game of BINGO and slapjack if we're lucky :)! While I regret that Owen is growing up so fast, I am looking forward to spring and summer so we can play outside and leave the house without worrying about getting sick!

2 comments:

Jen Stutzman said...

Jess, is Owen already smiling? So cute!! What a blessing to have a baby that eats well and is gaining weight. I wish I could see that little guy. By the time I see him he will no longer be a newborn. It sounds like Parker keeps you guys laughing.

Monica said...

Look at that big smile!! You can tell he's happy and loved. What fun!! We are looking forward to spring and the park as well. Love ya -