Tuesday, April 13, 2010

all.day.long.

all he does is play basketball.

and the only thing he will wear is basketball shorts....even to bed.

and if he is going to wear a jersey, it has to have a number.

and his 4th birthday is in 49 days.

and yes, he is counting.

and his party is going to be a basketball party.

and he always asks me to "shoot some shoots" with him.


and I have say yes,
because a day is soon coming when he won't want me to.

and if I miss a "shoot" he intentionally misses a "shoot" too.

and I love his compassionate heart and his determination.

and he begged me to buy him brussels sprouts at the store today.

and so I bought him brussels sprouts
and he promised to grow big and strong.

and now I don't think I will let him eat them,
because he is getting too big and strong too fast.

and the wind is blowing 50 mph today.


and he doesn't even notice
because he is doing what he loves....just "shooting some shoots".

3 comments:

Abby McNair said...

guys. i love parker and I barely know him. you are the best momma jess. miss you bunches

The Fast Family said...

that. was. adorable.

Ann said...

I just went through all of these recent posts again, and I am sitting here on the bed crying because I live all the way in CT, and it is making me crazy. I cannot wait to see you guys in a couple weeks. I miss you so much that it is completely breaking my heart.