Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Chicken Tortilla Soup

It is finally soup weather and I love soup! It is easy to make and fills up my boys! I am always looking for new good soup recipes...so I thought maybe if I would share one you could share one with me :).....

This is what I made for supper tonight and it was sooooooooo good.....I can't wait to eat it again tomorrow for lunch.

Chicken Tortilla Soup
1 Rotisserie Chicken cut in small pieces
1 can of red enchilada sauce
1 bag of frozen corn
4 cans of chicken broth
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can of diced green chiles
1 can northern beans

Directions: Dump everything together, heat and eat! Sometimes I cut up tortillas and put them in it and that makes it really good too. I always put 2 cans of northern beans in it because that is Parker's favorite part. I love to eat it with tortilla chips too. Sometimes if I want to make it more mild (kid friendly) I rinse the green chiles or only put half the can in.

You will have to try it and let me know if you like it....but don't forget that you need to give me one of your soup recipes and if you don't....well....I guess you are just being selfish.

I would have had a picture of the soup to make the post more interesting, but in between bible study this morning, story hour this afternoon, laundry and Awana at church tonight you are lucky I even got the recipe posted, let alone a picture.

You will just have to enjoy these pictures I have been wanting to post of my happy boys....who love this soup.

Peace.




2 comments:

Jen Stutzman said...

Jess, I love soup. I can't wait to try this recipe!!! I will try to post a recipe this week. Love the pictures of your boys!

Monica said...

I love soup, too! Will try it and get back to you!