Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I'm just being a kitty...



I was trying to actually accomplish something today since most days I have zero energy...So I started some laundry early this morning and after I put it in I couldn't find Parker. I was looking all over the house for him and finally found him in the laundry basket "just being a kitty". During breakfast we read the story of Noah's Ark in his bible and have since then been pretending the story over and over and over....He built his ark on the couch and filled it with all of his animals, but was very distressed that he didn't have a turtle. He called me "mommy Noah" and he was "Parker Noah"....It eventually quit raining and the dove came back with an olive leaf, so we could leave the ark and do something else.

I had a doctors appointment yesterday and everything looks good. I go back in 2 weeks and I will be 35 weeks and I can hardly believe it! I am feeling very big and uncomfortable, but I have to constantly remind myself that it will be worth it in the end. However, the past couple days I have been struggling with anxiety and worry....I find myself constantly worrying about things that aren't even true....stupid things that waste my time and energy and it seriously wears me out...physically, mentally and emotionally. So when worry and anxiety start creeping into my thoughts today I am claiming this verse and I am believing that this truth will give me freedom from worry and anxiety today!

"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Philippians 4:8

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Thanks for the verse Jess! Oh, am I all too familar with anxiety and worry. Great verse for that! Claiming victory over my thoughts with you my friend!

Love ya,
Nicole

Monica said...

I will be praying that you find rest and peace in the midst of being very uncomfortable. I think about you every day (and Parker because he reminds me so much of Camden!) and am so eager to hear about the new miracle in your life!

Much love and prayers,

Monica